New to Community of ChristChurch?
First, we are so happy to have you. Below is information on what to expect at Community of ChristChurch worship.
- In the summer of 2020 ChristChurch moved out of the church building we owned and worship for many years. With the sale of the building and the pandemic we have operated as an online church for over a year.
- General flow of worship:
- Breakout rooms (with gentle prompts to keep the conversation rich and flowing)
- Pre-recorded music that folks can sing along with at home. We put the lyrics on the screen
- Events and ways to get involved with the church community.
- Community of ChristChurch became a Reconciling in Christ Church in June 2021. This means we are welcome to all, read more here.
Online Worship Logistics:
- The virtual doors to our Zoom worship will open at 9:00am.
- From 9am to 9:30am, the worship space will be open for folks to gather and get settled in.
Our worship service will begin at 9:30am.
- We encourage you to turn on your camera to increase the relational feeling of worship.
- Holy Communion is part of our online worship, so we encourage everyone to prepare by putting together your own communion set from whatever you have handy in your kitchens and pantries. Be creative! For instance, the cup could be wine, juice, water, etc. The bread could be actual bread, a cracker, a tortilla, tortilla chip, etc. Please have these items nearby and handy when you join us online.
- Stay for coffee/tea and community fellowship after online worship. ☕
- We are a fully online church for the time being. There are still ways to interact and be together as a community in addition to Sunday morning service.