Community of ChristChurch
In-person Sunday (Hybrid) Worship with Holy Communion
and YouTube Livestream
Aloha United Methodist Church
2270 SW 198th Ave, Aloha, Or 97003
A recording of the service will be available on
our YouTube channel late Saturday night.
Updated COVID-19 Protocols
We are following Aloha United Methodist Church lead in using COVID protocols based on the COVID Act Now WA County website.
Masks Encouraged and Optional - Due to a "low risk" for community transmission of Covid in Washington County, we moved to a "masks encouraged and optional" practice for our worship services and gatherings at SOV.
If you can't join us live on Sunday (in person or on the Livestream), we invite you to check our YouTube channel for a recording of the service from Sunday and watch when it is convenient.
Monthly Coffee Meetups
Next coffee hour is Oct. 7th.
Benevolence Team Update Mar 2023
What is the Benevolence Team?
The Benevolence Team is responsible for proposing the recipient(s) for our quarterly benevolence giving.
How do we arrive at the amount to donate?
The benevolence fund amount is based on general giving, 4% of general giving is calculated each quarter. The Benevolence team then meets to discuss needs in the community and make a designation for the special gifts. Your giving to ChristChurch also impacts local organizations with financial gifts.
Who is on the Team?
There are about 10 volunteers on the team.
How can I get involved?
The team meets on Zoom and via email. If you are interested in joining the team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ChristChurch is looking for additional Technical Director volunteers to assist with Sunday morning worship. The Technical Director acts as the Zoom host for online worship. They share the slides during worship, song videos and assist Pastor David online as needed.
• Two monitors (recommended)
• Good Wi-Fi speed or hard-wired computer
• Reasonable video processor
• Zoom account (free account works great)
• PDF viewer
• Microsoft Office (preferred)
• Ability to download worship elements (music video, script, PowerPoint or PDF)
• Video player to play MP3 or .Mov files: QuickTime, Windows Media Player, VLC
Sundays from 8:50am until end of worship at 10:30am.
What does the Technical Director do?
1. Prior to worship download worship elements from Google Docs Online Worship Elements and open:
• PowerPoint slides
• Worship songs
2. Sign on at 8:50am with Pastor David to conduct sound checks and go over details for the service that morning.
3. Open Zoom online worship ‘doors’ from 9:00am to 9:30am
4. During Worship follow the script. Share screen to:
• Share PowerPoint slides or PDF of the slides
• Share song videos (click share audio and video buttons on share prescreen)
• Mute worshippers as required
• ‘Spotlight’ Pastor when needed
• Screen for Zoom “bombers”
We are looking for multiple Technical Directors and are happy to train you. If you are interested, please email Admin@comchristchurch.org and Rhonda will assist with next steps.