Community of ChristChurch
In-person Saturday Worship with Holy Communion
and YouTube Livestream
Saturday, July 16, 2022, at 5 pm
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church
17625 NW Cornell Rd, Beaverton, OR 97006
YouTube Livestream: https://youtu.be/TecdqdV22to
A recording of the service will be available on
our YouTube channel late Saturday night.
Updated COVID-19 Protocols
We are following Shepherd of the Valley's lead in using COVID protocols based on the COVID Act Now WA County website.
Masks Encouraged and Optional - Due to a "low risk" for community transmission of Covid in Washington County, we moved to a "masks encouraged and optional" practice for our worship services and gatherings at SOV.
Additional details for the congregation:
Stay home if sick or been near someone who is sick
Wear a mask, N95 is recommended. We will have extras at the church.
Practice social distancing
No reservation is needed
Communion will be part of our service. It is individually wrapped and there will be a gluten-free option.
No Sunday Morning Zoom Worship
Due to our hybrid service on Saturday afternoon, we will not have our typical live Zoom Sunday morning worship.
If you can't join us live on Saturday (in person or on the Livestream), we invite you to check our YouTube channel for a recording of the service from Saturday (6/18/22) and watch when it is convenient.
We will be back on Zoom next Sunday.
Baby Care Kit Success!
Thanks to your generosity, we have reached our goal of gathering items for 125 kits!
Mark your calendars now to join the fun of assembling them.
Date: Saturday, October 8
Time: 1:00 PM
Place: Cindy and Craig Kinnie,
12915 NW Skyline Blvd. Portland 97231
Let us know if you will be there!
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Coffee Meetups
Benevolence Team Update April 2022
What is the Benevolence Team?
The Benevolence Team is responsible for proposing the recipient(s) for our quarterly benevolence giving.
How do we arrive at the amount to donate?
The benevolence fund amount is based on general giving, 4% of general giving is calculated each quarter. The Benevolence team then meets to discuss needs in the community and make a designation for the special gifts. Your giving to ChristChurch also impacts local organizations with financial gifts.
2022 Contributions and Recipients:
Q1: Greater Good NW to assist with housing applications that will benefit our neighbors $938
Who is on the Team?
There are about 10 volunteers on the team.
How can I get involved?
The team meets on Zoom and via email. If you are interested in joining the team, please contact Rachael.
ChristChurch is looking for additional Technical Director volunteers to assist with Sunday morning worship. The Technical Director acts as the Zoom host for online worship. They share the slides during worship, song videos and assist Pastor David online as needed.
• Two monitors (recommended)
• Good Wi-Fi speed or hard-wired computer
• Reasonable video processor
• Zoom account (free account works great)
• PDF viewer
• Microsoft Office (preferred)
• Ability to download worship elements (music video, script, PowerPoint or PDF)
• Video player to play MP3 or .Mov files: QuickTime, Windows Media Player, VLC
Sundays from 8:50am until end of worship at 10:30am.
What does the Technical Director do?
1. Prior to worship download worship elements from Google Docs Online Worship Elements and open:
• PowerPoint slides
• Worship songs
2. Sign on at 8:50am with Pastor David to conduct sound checks and go over details for the service that morning.
3. Open Zoom online worship ‘doors’ from 9:00am to 9:30am
4. During Worship follow the script. Share screen to:
• Share PowerPoint slides or PDF of the slides
• Share song videos (click share audio and video buttons on share prescreen)
• Mute worshippers as required
• ‘Spotlight’ Pastor when needed
• Screen for Zoom “bombers”
We are looking for multiple Technical Directors and are happy to train you. If you are interested, please email Admin@comchristchurch.org and Rhonda will assist with next steps.